Author(s): Ellen McGinnia
Skillstreaming the Elementary School Child employs a four-part training approach--modeling, role-playing, performance feedback, and generalization--to teach essential prosocial skills to elementary school students. This book provides a complete description of the Skillstreaming program, with instructions for teaching 60 prosocial skills.
- Part 1: Skillstreaming Program Content and Implementation: Chapters on effective Skillstreaming arrangements, Skillstreaming teaching procedures, refining skill use, teaching for skill generalization, managing behavior problems, Skillstreaming in the school context, and more.
- Part 2: Skill Outlines and Homework Reports: Skill outlines are handy one-page summaries for each skill, including skill steps, guidelines for skill instruction, and suggested situations for modeling displays. Homework reports list skill steps and guide students in practicing the skills and evaluating skill use outside the Skillstreaming group.
- Skill Areas
- Classroom Survival Skills
- Friendship-Making Skills
- Skills for Dealing with Feelings
- Skill Alternatives to Aggression
- Skills for Dealing with Stress
Appendixes provide all program forms needed to ensure a successful Skillstreaming intervention, plus leader and observer checklists to ensure program integrity.